American Express Careers
- Develop new API frameworks in technologies such as REST and gRPC
- Build API solutions using rapidly evolving technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Help pivot toward serverless, FaaS based, architectures
- Build platforms to help teams across the company quickly deploy B2B and A2A services
- Evangelize the API engineering transformation at an accelerated pace
- Collaborate with technology peers and leaders to gain strategic alignment
- Foster innovation and experimentation
- Develop new API frameworks, which empower our developer base, and allow us to increase of development velocity.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with emphasis on building high volume, highly scalable systems
- A firm understanding of networking principles: DNS, TCP, TLS, HTTP 2
- Experience developing architecture and E2E solutions that conform to requirements for privacy, security and compliance
- The ability to look at code and derive time and space complexity
- Deep experience with multiple open source solutions
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and teach them to others.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2019, 8:35:46 AM