American Express Careers
Mobile & Web Engineering
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
3+ years of experience in Java/J2EE and Web Development experience
- Should have very strong back ground in Java core concepts should be clear with good hold on Collections, Data Structure & Algorithms
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis and unit and integration testing
- Good understanding around concepts like Web Services (REST APIs)
- Experience and understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with rapid prototyping / simulations / iterative design
- Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a browser
- Experience in any CMS based application is a plus
- Commitment to software practices of Continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2019, 1:17:53 PM