American Express Careers
Flight Attendant (Aviation)
The Flight Attendant is an integral member of the American Express Corporate Flight Department, responsible for cabin safety management, managing a streamlined in-flight virtual office experience, providing optimal service and ensuring a comfortable flight experience to our executive customers during global travel. Our mission is to provide world class air transportation solutions that maximize executive capacity through an uncompromising focus on safety, service & integrity; we extend our Brand and contribute to the global success of American Express.
As a member of American Express, all colleagues are expected to uphold all Company Blue Box Values: Customer Commitment, Quality, Integrity, Team Work, Respect for People, Good Citizenship, A Will to Win, Personal Accountability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety, comfort and welfare of our passengers.
- Ensure corporate client and passenger confidentiality.
- Implementing and operating full cabin management systems.
- Serving as the liaison between Cockpit Crew and passengers ensuring timely delivery of in-flight communications.
- Managing a seamless in-flight virtual “Onboard Office Environment”.
- Providing instruction to customers on the operation of on-board equipment, safety devices and procedures.
- Driving standardization for our customers by maintaining passenger preferences and sharing information with flight attendant team.
- Engaging appropriate customer feedback on trip experience and service level to identify personal preferences and/or problems, and provide appropriate follow-through.
- Accountable for maintaining all IT forms, checklists and accessories.
- Providing high quality catering experience with a budget-conscious mindset, to include the organizing and maintaining high quality commissary stock for aircraft.
- Maintaining safety and culinary proficiency through company-provided training, self-directed study and networking within the flight attendant industry.
- Providing training, shadowing and guidance to full time and contract flight attendants.
- Managing and maintaining content of cabin book and all technology forms on all aircraft.
- Attending annual safety training and MedAire training.
- Handling various administrative duties and tasks during and after travel.
- The Flight Attendant is expected to engage in other department projects, task groups and teams as assigned; may be asked to lead or coordinate special projects from time to time.
- The Flight Attendant is expected to continuously improve skills and knowledge as necessary to keep pace with the fast pace of technological changes
- Other roles and duties as required, as directed by Manager of Cabin Services
- Flexibility for 75% global travel and ability to be on call an absolute must.
- Three years of corporate aviation flight attendant experience, with emphasis on corporate and global travel required.
- Certified from Flight Safety/FACTS with Gulfstream 550 Cabin Door Exit.
- Proficiency in cabin technologies and in-flight virtual office. Completed aeroCNCT training course.
- Familiarity with Apple devices, Microsoft Windows, print processes for computer and iPad equipment.
- Completion of Flight Safety, Aircraft Evacuation and MedAire/American Heart Training.
- CPR Certification and ability to use a defibrillator and Tempus IC medical monitoring device.
- In-flight culinary experience.
- Highest level customer service skills; experience tending to executive level clientele.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple priorities independently.
- Keen problem solving ability: Must be able to quickly identify problems, determine possible solutions and act quickly to provide resolutions.
- Strong relationship building, communication, collaboration and teamwork skills that are consistent with the American Express Blue Box Values and Corporate Aviation Team Commitments.
- Must be able to work as a team member and complete office duties.
- Communication skills are a must along with follow through on projects and task.
- Motivated self-starter to help with creating and learning new technologies and equipment to support our passengers.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 12:01:00 AM