American Express Careers
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Digital Experience and Platforms - Global Commercial Services
This position provides administrative support for two Vice Presidents in the Digital Experience and Platforms Team within Global Commercial Services. This organization is a very dynamic, fast-paced environment which embraces a digital culture. The successful candidate has day-to-day responsibilities requiring seamless collaboration globally, across a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of American Express.
This position is an integral part of the team and needs to be extremely proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the leaders. The ideal candidate must be seasoned and have experience working in a fast-paced culture, handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful and knowing how to navigate large organizations will also be critical to success in this position.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage complex calendar activity: coordination and oversight of internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, reserving facilities, audio, telepresence and visual setup, transportation, catering and preparation of meeting materials
- Making complex travel arrangements and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas
- Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements using Concur Expense System
- Reviewing and evaluating expense reports submitted by Direct Reports for leader approval
- Managing general follow-up and generating reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments
- Managing long-term calendar views of critical meetings and events
- Preparing and managing team organization charts
- Reviewing all purchasing and other system requests to VP prior to approval
- Processing online Human Resources transactions with VP
- Procuring laptops, office supplies, office space, etc. and managing the procurement process including researching and approving invoices, and researching standard accounting errors
- Time keeping and submission for the VP’s team
- Manage administration including updating distribution lists, onboarding for new hires, setting up group-wide meetings (e.g. Town Halls)
- Manage VP documents in both hard files and online systems
- Support real estate management
- Ideal candidate should have 5+years of previous experience as an Executive Assistant to a senior leader and familiar with office management and technologies.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness, follow through and sense of urgency in executing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Motivated, proactive team player with strong initiative, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with executives and Executive Assistants across the organization
- Experience supporting global leaders located across multiple time zones
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Must work well under pressure without losing composure and professionalism
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as tools and systems – phone functions, MS Outlook, Concur, Payroll and SharePoint.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work flexibly, sometimes under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 1:27:34 PM