American Express Careers
Senior Manager – Digital Product Development, Payments
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as our Digital Experience & Platform team works to meet the customers of tomorrow in Global Commercial Services. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Product Manager serves as a key lead for payments within the Digital Servicing Product Team and will be responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end lifecycle for features or products in whole. The Product Manager will be responsible for innovating and transforming payments on behalf of our customers and creating product journeys that engage our clients and competitively differentiate American Express’ digital experiences. The Product Manager will collaborate with business leaders and partners to support and help create a compelling product vision, strategy and roadmap, and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment. The Product Manager has responsibility for decision making and prioritization for their products, working with marketing, design, engineering, and servicing leaders to convert the product vision and strategy into a well-managed product roadmap with an iterative release cycle with the customer in mind. The Product Manager will participate actively in all phases of the process along with cross-functional teams.
- Identifying opportunities and providing input on product vision, strategy, roadmap, and features, including external benchmarking and keeping a pulse on digital trends and customer preferences;
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Works with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Drives the product functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for his or her products, balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Coordinates communication, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Product Backlog;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage and own the CX-related metrics, e.g., number of users, traffic volume;
- Creates ROI analyses and optimization recommendations
- Develops appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post-launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success; and
- Continually improving products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction.
A successful candidate will have:
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.
- A BA/BS preferably in CS or technical field.
What is it about you?
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2019, 11:06:49 PM