American Express Careers
Assistant Manager, Internal Acquisition
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Manager, Internal Acquisition within our Internal Acquisition and Early Engagement team, which is part of our Proprietary Card Service business unit. This critical marketing role is responsible for implementing cross-sell and premiumisation initiatives to Card Members in Australia and New Zealand, aimed at growing card volume and billed business across the entire Proprietary Card Services portfolio.
Reporting to the Manager, Early Engagement and Internal Acquisition, the role will suit someone who enjoys a diverse, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. Offering a high level of exposure across the business and management of multiple marketing channels, this role requires effective communication and collaboration across multiple local and international teams and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shaping and executing the strategy for Internal Acquisition, including delivering a program of test and learn, enhanced segmentation and targeting, new offer development and always on campaigns for our Additional Cards, Companion Cards, and Upgrades across the consumer product line.
- Delivering new capabilities to market and backend system process improvement including project management of new functionality
- End-to-end campaign planning and management across multiple channels – email (automated and campaign), direct mail, owned and paid media (including display and social)
- User experience testing and customer journey optimisation
- Reporting, campaign analytics, insights and testing (offer and segmentation) across channels
- Ability to turn data-driven strategies into tactical plans and drive measurable performance outcomes
- Management of agencies in creative development and campaign execution
- Strong partnership and consultancy across numerous teams including acquisition, product, technologies, operations, central marketing, external vendors and agencies
QualificationsTo be considered for this position you will have:
- Solid and proven experience in marketing
- Digital and direct marketing and campaign management skill set
- Solution-oriented individual with ability to develop solutions to complex issues
- Superior project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong communicator with experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to drive results and innovation in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, creative and problem solving skills
- Budget management experience
- Solid knowledge of American Express Cards, services and benefits, and/or understanding of the Financial Services Industry viewed favourably
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 1:33:49 AM