American Express Careers
Executive Assistant To VP - HR Asia
Executive Assistant to Vice President - Human Resources, Asia including Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, China, Taiwan (& Malaysia by interim)
The Role: This role supports the Hong Kong based HR VP for Asia. The successful individual will have responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Asia HR leadership team and Manager Assistant to ensure the HR team effectiveness across the geographic area.
- Partnering with the internal community of Executive Assistants across markets to ensure effective working relationships between functions.
- Organization and management of a complex calendar using a high level of integrity, confidentiality, managing across senior business partners, different time zones and international markets.
- Travel Management:
- Managing travel arrangements including air, hotel, transfers and agendas
- Organize internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Expense Management:
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices; review expenses submitted to leader and highlight any out of policy spend.
- Lead or support special projects being managed from the VP Office and requiring coordination across Market Human Resources & Global Employee and Labor Relations team across Asia, e.g. Enterprises Essential Training, Budget Consolidation, consolidation of ad hoc requests, feedback, etc.
- Team Co-ordination:
- Act as an active member of the HR team and contribute to specific HR projects coordination
- Assist with and co-ordinate leadership meetings led by the VP-HR, including sending across agenda items, room & telepresence bookings, recording of sessions as needed
- Support with the Hong Kong HR team for Market Colleague Plan meeting co-ordination and follow-ups as required
- Collect and distribute mails addressed to HR department for necessary follow up
- 2 – 5 years’ experience supporting senior level executives in an multi-national environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the key need to be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form professional relationships across all areas of the organization and across geographies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative to anticipate the needs of a complex office and geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and possess the agility to manage / learn Ariba Buyer and other internal platforms
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 3:15:55 AM