American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Accountability & Customer Interaction: Accountability (Individual role, team player) Incumbent is responsible for completing stipulated task within pre-defined timelines, speed and quality, reporting into a B30 and working with other team members
• Customer Interaction:
• Limited interaction on case to case basis
• Problem Solving required in the Job:
• Problems or Situations faced have generally known /standard approach to solution.
• Functional Knowledge: Financial reconcillation, Travel knowledge, GDS and computer knowledge. Should work as subject matter expert and point of contact for queries.
• High Risk Impact: Manages varied type of transactions.
• Other Important Factors:
1. Candidate should have sound knowledge of Travel Industry, GDS and financial reconciliations. Knowledge of Sabre GDS, Oracle Back office system and ADM's would be an add on
2. Candidate will be required to run financial and account reconciliations on Air and Land transactions and ensure SLA adherence.
3. Should have good understanding of travel business to ensure smooth day to day operations.
4. Candidate should be result oriented and should be able to resolve queries from market.
5. Should be a self -starter & quick learner with ability to multi-task
6. The incumbent shall ensure compliance with SLA and other internal guideline, policies related to the business area he/she will be part of.
7. Should be able to maintain excellent quality along with high productivity.
8. The candidate would be required to understand and consistently exceed customer’s expectations whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times.
9. Should have an eye for detail with high focus on quality and controls.
• Graduate with 2-3 years of experience in travel & operations industry.
• Degree/Diploma In Travel - Air Fares & Ticketing would be an add on
• Effective communication skills result oriented and self-motivated.
• Should be able to work under pressure situation.
• Knowledge Of MS-Office, specially Excel and PPT.
• Multi-tasking and effective Time Management skills.
• Language: English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 12:40:43 PM