American Express Careers
Senior Product Analyst
You won’t just shape the world of payments. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is embarking on a journey to drive agile marketing solutions and enabling innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming end-to-end marketing processes and platforms. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough marketing and platforms while making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on marketing execution, technology, and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we transform our organization to meet the customers of tomorrow as part of Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS), a global organization that sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA).
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
This position sits within the Enterprise Marketing Platforms organization in Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS). The Enterprise Marketing Platforms team brings together all marketing execution and workflow platforms into a single product team and is responsible for all aspects of the product lifecycle in enabling end-to-end marketing execution globally, innovating on behalf of our customers, and creating product experiences that significantly improve colleague efficiencies and experiences, as well as being the foundation of enabling competitively-differentiated, customer-first marketing to our end customers.
You’ll be part of the Marketingforce Platform team, whose mission is to drive value by delivering reliable, flexible and scalable solutions that improve speed to market, support growth, enable operational efficiencies, while providing a best-in-class customer experience. As an analyst for the Marketingforce team, you will be joining a team of 3 Senior Product Managers, and will have responsibility for a variety of critical functions including but not limited to:
Facilitation of the platform issues management process
- Monitor and troubleshooting of new issues across the marketing ecosystem, specifically Marketingforce
- Assessing priority and level of urgency and manage assignment of issues
- Leading issue calls with stakeholder teams (Technologies, Product, Campaign Delivery, Marketing)
- Tracking next steps, capturing roadblocks/dependencies and leading the escalation process based on urgency of the issue
- Document and review standard operating procedures for issues and facilitate transition to Level 1 support team
- Providing monthly leadership VP-level updates on the overall issue landscape
- Responsible for managing regular Platform activities including: Demos, Infoshares, Status meetings, Sandbox refresh and Release processes, etc
- Work closely with the Managers on the team to create and execute on long-term strategic Roadmap
- Partner with the Product Owner to translates product roadmap features ((tied to issues or other general business-generated items) into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Manage admin data activities and related processes including documentation
- Participate in testing and advance automated test coverage
- Support release activities, including: tracking closure of high-priority defects, creating release documentation and post-install testing activities
- Become a SME on development/ product best practices and success metrics
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance
Oversight of the Marketingforce Wiki/Confluence page and Knowledge articles
- Working to define the overarching structure of our product wiki page, ensuring that there is a clear and defined structure for the content posted
- Working across the stakeholder community to understand needs for the Wiki
- Taking the lead on drafting content / training documentation for particular product items
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or technical field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in an Agile environment; Scaled Agile Framework and principles is a plus
- Experience in, and passion for, one or more of the following areas: product, capabilities, business architecture/analysis, salesforce, marketing, technology development is highly desired
- Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to quickly grasp technical issues/concepts
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Strong relationship management skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively across large, cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience with B2C Marketing or Card Marketing plus
- Experience building Salesforce applications preferred. Certifications (ADM 201, ADM 301, ADM 401) and experience with Service Cloud and Lightning UI a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 5:18:53 PM