American Express Careers
Reports to: Director- Enterprise Customer Marketing Platforms
As a Product Owner (PO) you will be responsible for translating needs, as defined by the Business Unit (BU) teams and Project Managers (PMs), into actionable artifacts to be used by the engineering team to develop new data, middleware and user interface (UI) products. You will conduct full lifecycle activities that include requirements analysis and design using SAFE/Agile methodology. You will work directly with scrum masters and scrum teams on the creation and delivery of Features, Stories and Tasks. You will be responsible for the execution of the strategic vision for a proprietary, full-stack, analytic platform.
· Assist with requirements gathering and analysis
· Lead the development of JIRA/Confluence artifacts for the team
· Provide feedback that improves the quality of requirements artifacts
· Support Product Management in handoff and rollout sessions
· Identify design problems; develop and present solutions to resolve these problems.
· Researche topics as needed for new development
· Attend Support Department expert meetings as needed.
· Triage and analyze Problem Report and Bug tasks as needed
· Test software changes
· Assist with the creation of configuration and installation procedures as needed
· Experience writing Features, User Stories and Tasks in Confluence and/or Jira - required
· Experience with data query and business intelligence, i.e., SQL - required
· Strong analytical skills including ability to gather and interpret various types of data - required
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing - required
· Experience with DB development software or similar skills - required
· Strong desire to learn new systems/software applications - required
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.- required
· Experience with Unix/Shell Scripting – preferred
· Programming experience (JS, Python, Java) – preferred
· Experience with Big Data tools/platforms/systems (Hive/MR/Spark) – preferred
· Experience with UI/UX development – preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in CS or related discipline - required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Financial and/or Professional Services Firm – required
· Experience with Agile methodologies (certification preferred) – required
· Research & Development experience – preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 10:46:19 AM