American Express Careers
Digital PMO Analyst
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and is today one of the world’s largest travel networks. Over 100 years later the Travel and Lifestyle Services organisation remains at the forefront of delivering Card Member value with a focus on providing premium leisure travel and related lifestyle services to Card Members through various offline and online channels around the globe. The global breadth of this team enables it to serve more Card Members whenever, wherever, and however they want to engage with American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services. And with each market tailoring its products and services to its unique customer base, Card Members are provided with the guidance, protection, value and seamlessness for which they look when booking and enjoying travel. The Global Online Travel team is responsible for developing the online travel strategy and priorities, expanding into new markets, platform development, user experience and managing the key strategic platform partnerships. There is an opportunity to join this exciting and dynamic team leading the effort to transform our travel business. In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, high performing team responsible for delivering world class Card Member experiences across multiple online channels. This role will be responsible for the coordination of all the PMO activities for American Express International Travel Online.
The International Online Travel Team are looking for a highly skilled professional with experience in handling a wide range of high-quality coordinator tasks and exercising good judgment in dealing with multiple stakeholders and collaborating well with people at all levels. A team player who is calm under pressure, the ideal candidate will also have excellent organizational, administrative and project management skills, while able to work independently and confidently remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities.
- Manage PMO activities for the International Online Travel Team
- Help coordinate team PMO activities with those of the wider TLS PMO team
- Coordinating PMO processes, systems/tools and ensuring governance is adhered to and that reporting is actioned by Product Managers
- Act on occasion as a project manager on small projects that deliver changes and improvements to the maturity of the PMO area
- Day-to-day management of PMO platforms (SharePoint, Rally, Jira)
- Maintain processes to ensure team documentation, reports and plans are accurate and complete
- Responsible for the team’s compliance to operational risk processes
- Provide support at key meetings to take actions and decisions as well as providing input regarding plans/progress/issues on the change portfolio
- Manage the commercial aspects our third party partners including supporting TRM activities and payment and budget forecasting
- Compile presentations for meetings as required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Previous experience in a project, portfolio or PMO role
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Good communication, stakeholder management, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with resource planning, forecasting and identifying constraints to ensure the team doesn't over-commit
- Experience working with Operational Risk
- Solid MS Office skills - in particular PowerPoint
- Exposure to/use of SharePoint, and Jira
- Demonstrate flexibility, resourcefulness, and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, complete projects with minimal supervision, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt easily to frequent change
- Excellent people skill, ability to learn from others and proven ability of building a personal network
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven professional work experience in a similar administrative or program coordinator role, preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 7:25:12 AM