American Express Careers
Senior Centralized Client Manager (CCLM) - Italian Speaker
Why joining the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
Are you a native level speaker of Italian? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your commercial skills if you speak Italian fluently. As a European hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire and manage relationships with merchants in European Markets.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual accountable for managing a portfolio of relevant and sometimes complex high value and high potential merchants.
The main objective of a Senior CCLM is to maximize business and revenue growth through proactively identifying opportunities, developing and executing sales strategies, collaborate across markets and LOBs ensuring full acceptance and engagement within his/her portfolio
- Driving growth of American Express charge volume and revenues
- Maintain and grow active locations
- Improve merchant satisfaction measured through annual survey
- Retention of account
- Ensure compliance and control
- Build and leverage client relationship
- Best practice sharing and team support.
This role is an individual contributor role and will report to the CCLM Market Team Leader
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Italian native speaker and in-depth knowledge of country and market landscape
- Fluent in English
- Extensive experience in sales roles ideally over the telephone (+2 years)
- Demonstrated sales and negotiation skills; excellent objection handling
- High level of business awareness and financial acumen including ability to understand key financial drivers and draw accurate conclusions from them
- Good understanding of American Express business and financial competitive and regulatory landscape
- Strategic thinking and profound analytical capacity
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to set priorities to achieve goals
- Accountability and ownership
- High level of determination and self-confidence, ability to work in groups and contribute to the team’s success
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks:
- New state of the art offices very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes connected with the city center. Parking facilities
- Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational and Language Allowances
- Work from home (up to three days per week)
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy in-company activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Physiotherapy, Mindfulness)
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2019, 4:49:55 AM