American Express Careers
UK – EMEA Business Strategy And Planning Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This is a highly visible role with upward potential, reporting into the UK Prospect Strategy manager at 50%, as well as the VP of EMEA Marketing at 50%.
The GCP EMEA Marketing team is part of the GCS Global Marketing organisation, and is responsible for delivering marketing activity across the EMEA region, with teams in UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France. The role of the Business Analyst is to support the VP Marketing EMEA in the management of a number of key regional priorities including annual planning, monthly reporting, A&P investments, and marketing results reporting to global senior leaders. In this role, the analyst will also engage with markets across EMEA to report on leads and wins and to ensure proper regional reporting.
The UK Prospect Marketing Team sites within the broader EMEA Marketing team. For the UK Prospect Marketing team, this role will be responsible for our marketing attribution, business intelligence, and investment optimisation, and will be a key author of our strategic approach to enterprise cross-sell.
- Working alongside Regional Marketing Directors, Preparation and consolidation of monthly marketing performance report to SVP & EVP, Global GCS Marketing. Responsible for completion of monthly reporting commentary around marketing performance
- Lead the planning process (BUP) for the EMEA marketing team to ensure all investment requests are captured and assessed. Provide critical analysis of plan metrics and ensure it is right-sized for region.
- Balance sales & marketing metrics and explore reporting anomalies, through detailed analysis of metrics
- Support the regional VP in identifying areas for performance improvement focus
- Set up and maintain process for effective management of A+P processes across the region, working closely with Global Investment management and COE teams, and local market A+P leads
- Ownership for review & tracking of T&E & OPEX budgets across the region
- Oversight and tracking of regional R&O requests and funding
- Providing analysis and insight to senior management on channel performance, including leads and wins
- Acting as subject matter expert, and close advisor to Director and VP of the business, and providing thought leadership, as well as data and insights, on strategic projects across the business
- Lead the lead and opportunity retirement process for the UK marketing to ensure we comply with the regulation and optimise relevant utilisation of the prospect records in Salesforce
- Responsible for completion of monthly update of CMP and the Profiling tool for UK and other European markets
- Co-ordinating and prioritising tactical infrastructure requests from several EMEA markets
- Managing strategic Acquisition Marketing projects to optimise Marketing channels and drive efficiency, including the management of projects within the digital and content areas
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing colleagues on a daily basis, providing solutions and advice to drive campaign effectiveness
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Highly analytical and comfortable with data
- Tableau and SFDC experience a must
- Ability to extract management insight from complex reporting metrics
- Builds and leverages relationship
- Highly organized
- Resilient and able to cope with change
- Able to manage multiple projects with firm deadlines
- Independently manage own workload in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of leadership
- Strong attention to detail, with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness and follow through
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 4:45:52 AM