American Express Careers
Manager Assistant, Talent & Careers
MANAGER ASSISTANT, TALENT & CAREERS
Overview of the Role:
American Express is recognized as a top company for leaders. Our talent strategy focuses on shaping the future leadership of American Express through strategic talent identification, development and movement backed by data-driven insights. The Manager Assistant, Talent & Careers role offers a unique opportunity for a qualified professional to support an integrated talent experience for our business partners that is linked directly to business strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent
& Careers, the successful candidate will work across Talent & Careers to
support strategic goals and core talent programs. The position requires
flexibility and the ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced dynamic
environment to support developing business needs. Successful candidates will be
thought leaders, strategic partners, results-driven, adaptable to change and
able to manage competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Support key talent programs, projects, and processes, leveraging internal and external research/data to inform the talent strategy and process
- Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic / transformational initiatives as required
- Provide strategic thought leadership to support strategy and planning for the team
- Lead external consultants and vendor partners from scoping of work through to procurement and relationship oversight
- Serve as the liaison between Talent & Careers and the Global Talent, Leadership & Learning Executive Office to make connections and bring together a cohesive talent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in HR with preferred experience in talent management
- Demonstrated time management, project management, organization and planning skills
- Proven decision making and complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills. Ability to build and maintain credibility with leaders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, use both quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions and formulate solutions.
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations. High degree of adaptability and the ability to learn quickly and work with minimal direction.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to deliver quality work product
- Master’s degree in industrial-organizational psychology, human resource management, business administration, or related field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 5:44:04 PM