American Express Careers
Reporting, Communications, and Change Management Manager - Network Modernization Program
Global Network Services & Transformation (GNS&T) is a new team tasked with envisioning the American payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to delivering it. Taking the lead of this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth and a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation. A Network Modernization (NeMo) Program team has been established to implement a full-scale modernization of the American Express Global Network over the next three years. NeMo will rebuild the American Express Network from the ground up and is focused on designing a truly digital global payments network that is agile and ready for rapid innovation. The NeMo Program has been approved for a significant investment.
The program governance structure & processes, delivery management structure, centralized program office operating model, and reporting processes have been recently re-designed and enhanced to drive strong collaboration, effective decision-making, transparency, and efficiency. The program consists of approximately 400 GNS&T and Technology resources and aims to forge partnerships across the business and technology.
Specifically, the NeMo Program Office will manage program governance processes and provide an objective view of delivery status, including risks / issues, changes, and major decisions to the leadership team. It seeks to drive collaboration, establish clear leadership, minimize disruption, and institutionalize governance. Each role within the Program Office enables each of these objectives.
The Reporting, Communication, and Change Management Manager is responsible for fostering communication and driving strategic change management activities across the program.
- Implement the NeMo strategic communication initiatives determined by the recent program enhancements to achieve NeMo strategic objectives
- Set-up frameworks and procedures and develop appropriate timely communication approaches and support materials to enhance communications with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans and tactics, using multiple channels, to inform, educate, and engage stakeholders
- Support senior leadership with communications and change requests, including anticipating and solving communication challenges for internal stakeholders and coordinating across other Business Units as appropriate
- Ensure that communications and change collateral are streamlined, easy to understand, engaging, and aligned to NeMo goals
- Collaborate with Amex communications professionals to align NeMo Program messaging across audiences, leverage best practices, and capitalize on existing successful channels
- Develop and implement multi-audience strategic communications and change plans
- Measure effectiveness of reporting, communications and change activities and use feedback to improve future efforts
- Communicate with stakeholders to cascade program-wide updates such as outcomes from critical stakeholder communications moments – Business Review and Change Control Board, Technology Review Board, Sponsor Update, etc.
- Attend key program meetings to help capture and cascade actions, takeaways and program-wide change (i.e., the outcome of a decision escalated to the Program Sponsors)
- Manage change resistance and mitigate risks through stakeholder engagement activities
- Continue to propel key change activities forward – change impact assessment, channel analysis – to support strategic change goals
- Evaluate training and learning needs and ensure learning strategies are mapped to integrated business goals given the broader organizational impact of NeMo
- Help facilitate leadership alignment initiatives to create leadership support from the Executive Sponsors, Network Modernization Committee, Program Office, and the broader team
- Develop net new collateral to support the program, aligned to specific stakeholder needs and ensure current collateral reflects the most up-to-date information
- Oversee the management of NeMo’s stakeholder relations, and the internal and external communications for NeMo (i.e. Merchants)
- Monitor the program for major change moments within the roadmap and implement targeted change activities to support these moments and guide stakeholders along the change journey
- Manage day-to-day change and communications activities and serve as the key point-of-contact for all future plans
- Coordinate all Program reporting, communications and change initiatives
- Remain abreast of activities across workstreams to help inform and shape change work
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in reporting and communications & change management
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile methodology preferred
- High-level of flexibility with the ability to absorb new information and adapt to change quickly
- Ability to capture key messages; writes down important details in messages or communications so the details are not lost or forgotten
- Proven ability to think strategically and consider multiple stakeholder groups when crafting change and communications collateral
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to engage with senior program leadership to provide communications guidance
- Comfortable engaging and providing communications guidance to senior program leadership
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- Proven ability to proactively seek to test, validate, modify, and improve new ideas or methods to make them as effective as possible to deliver innovative change and communications approaches to the program
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fluid environment with competing priorities and needs
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with at all organizational levels
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks independently/with minimal supervision
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 1:14:38 PM