American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional – Terminal Enablement Team UK - French Speaker
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
As part of Partner and Technical Servicing, the Terminal Enablement Team are responsible for driving card acceptance through the initialisation of Merchant Point of Sale terminals within key European markets. In order to achieve this, you will be making outbound calls to our network of Merchants, setting up new terminals and maintaining and troubleshooting issues for existing terminals.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Managing daily case inventory to exceed Case Resolution Time targets to benefit both the business area and the Merchant.
- Preparing for an outbound call by completing terminal status checks on internal platforms (GAN, MCC) to identify cause of errors and through direct contact with the terminal provider/partner bank.
- Setting up and maintaining terminal profiles within Amex platforms.
- Working with the Merchant to perform diagnostics on POS Terminals in accordance with the steps required for the type of terminal the Merchant owns. The required outcome of these calls is to ensure the Merchant can accept the American Express Card.
- You will also be required to liaise with our Partners/Terminal Owners in order to resolve various POS issues.
- As well as resolving Technical issues, the successful candidate will be able to reinforce the American Express Premium Value Proposition, enforcing the mutually beneficial relationship with our Merchants, adding value in each interaction by highlighting competitive pricing and speed of pay structure, and ensuring our Merchants understand the value of acceptance. Candidate success will be measured via Voice of the Customer metrics.
- You will also be dealing with escalations from Internal Customers, via calls that have been received into our Telephone Service Centre or via Sales/CLM teams.
- Continuous process improvement by identifying and driving down bad demand/increasing initialisation rates.
American Express are pleased to offer a competitive international relocation package. Details and conditions will be shared on application.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have the following essential core skills:
- Ability to utilise multiple tools in a Technical servicing environment
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Experience in a Servicing/Customer Service environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Must be fluent in French, written and spoken
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 11:56:26 AM