American Express Careers
Commercial Credit Specialist – German Speaking
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone; they are problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
Commercial Credit Specialist Germany & Austria
Are you looking for an exciting role in a fast-paced environment and a friendly, welcoming team from all over the world? Then American Express is the place to be. As one of our Commercial Credit Specialists you will be the main point of contact for customers with corporate cards as well as for middle, large and global companies who hold business travel accounts, or an array of different Commercial products offered by American Express. Your main responsibility is to collect and negotiate overdue payments but you will also put the Customer first by enabling spends, offering resolutions and creating responsible payers.
You will be part of a team that delivers world-class results, both for Card Members and the business. In your role, you will:
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls for credit related matters
- Analyse client portfolios and organise the credit process with local Credit teams
- Make spend decisions based on risk assessment and card member and client profiles
- Recommend and execute cancellation or suspension of spending privileges where required
- Effectively negotiate and discuss alternate payment arrangements
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value
American Express are pleased to offer a competitive international relocation package. Details and conditions will be shared on application.
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 7:00AM – 5:00PM – 35 hours per week
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (German speaking)
- Passionate about American Express and customer service
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to use decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business
- Competitive and motivated
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to take a professional approach to challenging situations
- Ability to “think on your feet"
Blue Box Benefits – What’s in it for you?
Our state of the art office in the heart of Brighton provides onsite facilities including a restaurant, coffee bar and gym, designed to put your wellbeing first.
At American Express, you will be part of a thriving and engaged culture where employee engagement and satisfaction ratings consistently place us as one of the best big companies to work for in the UK.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 11:31:42 AM