American Express Careers
Senior Manager – Business Development, Global Dining
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This is a Band 35 position.
The Global Loyalty & Benefits Centre of Excellence, within the Global Premium Products & Benefits organization, is responsible for setting the enterprise-wide vision for Loyalty and Benefits that leverages our partnerships, marketing assets and capabilities to create a global, market-leading approach.
The position will support the organization’s efforts to a develop and expand its global dining platform to enhance our dining benefit to card members and offer greater value to merchants, partners and American Express. Specifically, this role will work to develop the existing strategy for 3rd party technology partnerships in the dining space, primarily focused on restaurant booking platforms (RBP’s), and sell in our proposition to new and existing partners. This will include management of a pipeline, effectively selling in that vision to new partners, as well as developing existing partnerships to create long- term value.
This role will work cross functionally with several groups across American Express including Global Dining, GCO, Supply Management, Operational Excellence, Enterprise Digital, Digital Labs, American Express Technologies and Travel & Lifestyle Services.
- Develop, sell-in, negotiate and drive the go-to-market strategy for RBP partnerships
- Drive complex negotiations with new partners to completion in-line with strategic timelines
- Manage and grow a pipeline of potential partners
- Collaborate with internal Product/Tech teams to develop customized, scalable solutions if required
- Cultivate strong working relationships across the Blue Box to drive results
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strategic mindset to look beyond business as usual and uncover new growth opportunities
- Experienced relationship manager with a proven ability to sell-in ideas
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and partner effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in navigating opportunities through complex negotiations
- Strong analytical, business & financial acumen
- Exceptional written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing ability and collaborative mindset.
- Strong aptitude for innovation and desire to get things done
- Previous experience in the technology patnerships space
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities/projects
- Track record of driving results
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 9:31:25 AM