American Express Careers
Manager / Sr Manager, Product Owner for Supplier Capabilities, Business Financing
American Express creates innovative solutions that provide businesses with the powerful backing to support their growth. Our Product Development team in Global Business Financing (GBF) operates as an agile FinTech group within the broader Global Commercial Services organization to develop capabilities, platforms and digital products for a fast-growing segment of American Express.
We have embarked on a bold agenda to develop our supply chain financing product to delight and surprise our commercial clients. Additionally, we are enhancing our vendor capabilities for Working Capital Terms (WCT), a digital product that provides small business owners with the short-term cash they need to pay and finance vendor invoices directly from their American Express online account.
You would be a vital part of this important transformation as we look for a Product Owner that will translate our vision and customer needs into actionable plans for development of vendor and supplier capabilities for our industry leading financial products.
As a Manager / Senior Manager Product Owner, you will apply your knowledge and expertise to understand customer needs to prioritize your backlog, gather and define user requirements, and interface with business partners to help Amex achieve aggressive business goals while providing innovative, best-in-class solution enhancements for our business customers. You will have an enterprise mindset as you play a key role in the Supplier Experience Center of Excellence (COE) being formed to create a consistent supplier journey at American Express.
The role will allow you to own product development strategy for vendor capabilities within the platform and define user experience, write user stories and lead a scrum team to develop solutions. You would understand agile development processes and lean startup methods. You will also be expected to understand software, user interface design, and be able to simplify complex and competing requirements. You are a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to developers, marketers, leadership and customers.
- Prioritize and sequence the product backlog according to defined metrics like business value, return on investment, and complexity
- Collaborate with Product Management, Risk, Tech, and senior leadership to translate business strategies and goals into product development plans to enhance vendor capabilities
- Develop capability roadmaps based on high-level business needs and use cases, and work with technical staff to define and deliver core products
- Become the vendor/supplier champion for WCT and Early Pay within the Supplier Experience Center of Excellence (COE) being formed to create a holistic ecosystem for all vendors and merchants across American Express
- Provide support to take our new products through the internal Amex review process (AEMP54)
- Develop Epics, workflows and Features into user stories for the scrum teams and Big Room Planning
- Lead an Agile Tech Scrum team of software engineers to deliver on the vendor roadmap
- Participate in Sprint Stand-Ups, Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- 2+ years of experience in Agile software development, capabilities, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for software products
- Strategic, creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to identify customer insights and needs to drive product strategy
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Understanding of B2B, small business payments or lending products preferred
- Ability to manage details in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to see both the big picture and the details and to translate business requirements into actionable product development plans
- Ability to develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to different audiences with varying backgrounds
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 3:50:49 PM