American Express Careers
Manager - Compliance - Product Owner
The successful candidate will support the development of technology solutions related to automated transaction monitoring rules and reports as a Product Owner. This role is also a backup support function for release management by executing Unix scripts and commands.
- Partner with internal teams to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
- Coordinate across teams to launch products and features
- Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and user input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
- Agile training a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Big Data tools and the Cornerstone/Big Data environment
- Excellent analytical skills and strong quantitative skills.
- Must be results oriented and a motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging situations with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A working knowledge of Unix
- Some knowledge of Perl
- A strong candidate must also have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; computer and internet research skills; strong communication, excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills; and a dedication to be a deadline-driven team player.
- Financial experience
- Teradata specific SQL knowledge
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in any of the following areas is required:
BSA-AML compliance, Teradata SQL, Big Data using Python, HQL or Spark, or Predictive Modeling
- SQL skills:
- Meet business needs by translating business requirements into Teradata SQL queries
- Write complex SQL queries with minimum direction
- Independently test and debug Teradata SQL code
- Quickly develop a solid understanding of data used for surveillance purposes
- Big Data skills:
- Meet business needs by translating business requirements into Hive/Spark/Python queries
- Write complex queries with minimum direction
- Independently test and debug big data code
- Machine Learning specifically Modeling using Machine Learning Studio
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 12:01:00 AM