American Express Careers
Software Engineer- Full-stack
We’re looking for a full stack software engineer to work on Mobile and web applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong people skills, technical background, and creativity. You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering team’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. In this role, you will be working with product owners, engineering managers and group of engineers to deliver mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies
- Serve as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Develop new user-facing web application features and APIs
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrix environment where applicable
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Writing unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Developed microservices using Java(REST/SOAP) and deploying them on enterprise cloud
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Team player and a hands-on engineer.
- Experienced in leveraging open source tools and adapting to common frameworks
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools – Git
- Commitment to software practices of continuous Integration, automated/repeatable testing, and collaborative work environments.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 2 plus years of software development experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2019, 10:08:44 AM