American Express Careers
Director, Talent Management
Join the Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) team as we work to create worldwide demand for American Express, driving business through innovative marketing, messaging, partnerships and experiences. GABM’s mission is to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500. Within GABM, we are seeking a Director, Talent Management, to help take our talent partnerships and strategies to the next level.
As the Director, Talent Management, you are a business leader, helping to shape the future of American Express’ industry-leading role in talent partnerships and management across all levels – from A-list celebrities and athletes to social media influencers. In this role, you will report to the VP, Global Experiential Marketing & Talent Management, and:
- Define and build out a best-in-class talent management function and operational structure as an enterprise center of excellence;
- Work cross-functionally with leaders in GABM to ensure talent deals and services are tracked and utilized against Company priorities;
- Serve in a consultative role to advise internal partners in service of brand protection and driving efficiencies.
The Director will have an eye towards identifying talent trends/opportunities in the marketplace. He/she will lead the talent strategy to drive brand awareness, consideration, reappraisal and message amplification in owned, earned and paid channels. A collaborative mindset is key, as he/she will work with a global cross-functional team across GABM, the Blue Box (BU partners including country stakeholders, Corporate Affairs & Communications, General Counsel’s Office and Operational Excellence), and numerous external agencies and partners to ensure flawless execution and effective relationship management.
- Manage operational structure and guidelines application, including but not limited to ownership of: integrated agency team (IAT), internal systems, guidelines, controls & compliance (TLM, PRSAs)
- Communicate/liaise across teams to ensure clear communication flow, that guidelines are followed, issues are raised and resolved, results are tracked, plans are optimized and budgets are managed
- Nurture key industry (agents, managers) and talent relationships, and in particular make our partners feel a winning collaboration with American Express
- 8+ years of experience in talent partnerships, business development and/or advertising – experience in 360 integrated marketing is a plus
- Experience managing teams and agencies with a proven personal track record in partnership management, negotiation and breakthrough marketing
- A passion for pop culture – and a knowledge of and curiosity for the following industries so you can bring an external perspective: entertainment, fashion, music, dining, travel, wellness
- Ability to balance big picture thinking with tactical execution, always focused on driving results and acting in the best interests of the Company
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively in both small and large groups
- Ability to work under pressure within compressed timelines and balance multiple priorities, while still maintaining an optimistic team player attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, be organized and flex both creative and analytical styles
- Social & digital media experience and/or celebrity-facing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required; focus in communications, media, advertising, public relations, or business preferred.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 3:03:17 PM