American Express Careers
Product Owner / Business Architect
Privacy is about the fair, legal and transparent collection, use, sharing, deleting or otherwise ‘processing’ of personal data. The Global Privacy Team, through the Global Privacy Program, drives recognition of American Express as the world’s most respected service brand through progressive leadership in privacy, striving to be the company of choice for privacy.
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) works closely with colleagues across the Blue-Box to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation to accelerate our digital strategy forward.
This Business Capability Architect position is part of the Global Privacy Capability team within the Enterprise Digital and Analytics team. The Global Privacy Capability team is responsible for developing and maintaining privacy choice management capability. This position will work closely with key stakeholders from Global Privacy team, technology, legal, compliance, business partners and vendors to launch privacy initiatives globally. You’ll be responsible for developing the strategy and vision for the capabilities and you will own product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision.
- Develop capability strategy based on an understanding of existing processes, emerging trends and industry practices.
- Define scope, design and implement global privacy capabilities to drive measurable improvements in customer privacy experience that meet all the regulatory requirements
- Support overall program management including platform/project development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance while mitigating/escalating risks.
- As a product owner, facilitate agile application development teams to deliver technology solutions.
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlog, including collaboration across a wide net of stakeholders.
- Act as the “center of excellence” in sharing best practices with local markets on how to capture and communicate Customer Privacy choices.
- Execute analytics to proactively monitor customer privacy trends and recommend solutions to enhance customer experience/operational efficiency of capability.
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to process efficiency and platform performance.
- Document privacy processes, develop controls and perform testing to ensure privacy compliance.
- 2+ years of experience in technical solutions/capability development; 3+ years is strongly desired.
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile Product Manager/Owner role is preferred.
- Passionate about and expertise in building systems/capability, proactive and eager to learn.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to build and leverage relationships across the Blue Box.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- A good acumen for and experience in pulling, analyzing, slicing and dicing large amounts of data while deriving significant insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in any of the following: HIVE, SQL, UNIX or SAS, relational databases is preferred.
- Prior experience in privacy, risk or information management is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 12:03:28 PM