American Express Careers
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
- Applying big data analytic techniques in a dynamic cyber analytics environment to reduce risk.
- Building solutions which enhance the experience and efficiency of cyber analysts and developers.
- 7+ years of experience administering/supporting Hadoop, Windows OS, Linux OS, and/or MS SQL Server in a production environment
- 2+ years of experience architecting containerized environments
- 2+ years of experience developing docker based business applications
- Service oriented architecture including service discovery, instrumentation, and deployment strategies
- Strong Linux and Hadoop administration background is required
- Knowledge of server hardware and configuration ( i.e. CPU cores and speed, memory size and speed, RAID array controllers, and NIC Bonding)
- Solid understanding of Data warehousing and OLAP concepts
- Expert in SQL scripting, stored procedures, and construction of highly complex queries
- Experience using SQL on at least one RDBMS
- Knowledge of big-data architectures including MPP and Hadoop is preferred
- Deep knowledge of architecture and support around Big Data, BI solutions, and related technologies
- Broad understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and distributed cluster environment with exposure to MapReduce, YARN, ZooKeeper, Druid, Spark,
- Cassandra, Spring, Hive, Pig, or Sqoop is expected
- Expertise in at least one of these programming languages:
- Scala/Java/Python is required
- SQL or PostgreSQL development experience is preferred
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills with the ability to clearly articulate solution alternatives
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP based networks desired
- In depth knowledge of the implementation of technology policies and procedures
- Information Security domain knowledge is preferred (e.g. tools and technologies)
- Strong work prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an Agile development environment (e.g. Scrum)
- Flexibility to work in an interrupt driven support environment
- A self starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of developer experience, CI/CD pipelines, and automation
- Strong operational background is required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience is required
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Risk Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Case Development
- Industry and Company Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 6:13:05 PM