American Express Careers
Credit Risk - Senior Auditor
- Assisting in the execution of the audit approach for the credit risk management organization.
- Participating as a key team member on credit risk management audit projects, and taking ownership of key process areas.
- Assisting the team in accomplishing objectives of consistently delivering high-quality audit results in a timely manner.
- Effectively identifying and assessing the impact of control deficiencies in the credit risk management processes for the Company.
- Producing excellent results in audit projects across multiple business areas.
- Ensuring effective and efficient execution of credit risk management audits in alignment with professional and department standards, budgets, and timelines.
- Maintaining internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
- Performing validation of management action plans and regulatory action plans related to credit risk management.
- Assisting in continuous business monitoring by staying abreast of emerging risks (both internally and externally) which have an impact to the credit portfolios of AXP.
- Two to four years of experience within the financial services industry with credit risk management knowledge.
- Strong understanding of AXP’s company structure, including products and services.
- Strong understanding of regulatory, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to credit risk management.
- Ability to work independently on complex assignment and support overall team objectives.
- Knowledge and experience in professional auditing practices.
- Ability to independently identify control gaps and recommend high-quality and actionable solutions for credit risk management processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively lead discussions with key stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and supervise staff and senior auditors on audit assignments.
- Professional Certification (CIA, CPA, or equivalent) preferred
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance relevant field, advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 8:25:39 PM