American Express Careers
Assistant Marketing Manager, Partnerships Acquisition Marketing
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Marketing Manager within our Partnerships Acquisition Marketing team.
This position is responsible for developing marketing campaigns to drive the acquisition of American Express Airline Co-Brand Cards. The marketing plan comprises an Airline Co-Brand multi-product and multi-channel approach using a combination of above the line and below the line media.
The role is extremely diverse, requiring strategic thinking and marketing expertise to work across various products and target segments. In order to successfully deliver on the marketing plan they will need to possess excellent partnership management skills.
This opportunity is ideally suited to someone with a strong knowledge of digital acquisition and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and results driven B2C environment. The successful candidate will also have extensive experience in end to end campaign management, stakeholder management, and be a committed team player. A key part of this role is working with our strategic Airline Partners – so developing a strong relationship with our partners, working closely with them on securing airline partner channel access for our mutual annual plan, and monitoring results closely regularly are extremely important.
- Develop and implement cost effective and innovative strategies with the Airline Manager, Partnerships Acquisition to acquire Cards (and drive subsequent billed-business and fee-based revenue) – based on historical data and results
- Play a key role in developing partner marketing plans with clear strategies to drive acquisition of Airline Co-Brand Card Members in our target segments, and achieve an efficient ROI
- Prepare strategy and campaign briefs for Creative and Media agencies and assess effectiveness and relevance of the creative and media proposals based on goals and initiatives. Previous agency experience is highly regarded
- Responsible for the management and development of one direct report, the Marketing Coordinator, Airline Co-Brand Partnerships
- Manage Airline partnership marketing budget, ensuring funds are utilised and campaigns are delivered efficiently
- Build and leverage relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver business results and secure airline partner channel access
- Analyse and report on campaign performance to internal and external stakeholders, identifying and recommending action to improve performance
- Flawless and methodical execution of campaigns, with a focus on organisation and efficiency
- Develop acquisition plans and forecasts for the partner acquisition channel
- Attention to detail is required, particularly when liaising with external partners – all presentations and reports must be correct, consistently formatted and immaculately presented
- Agility in stretching across other acquisition team initiatives as required.
QualificationsYou must have:
- Prior experience delivering campaigns in collaboration with external partners is essential
- Must have prior experience delivering ATL and BTL marketing campaigns
- Advanced and extensive experience in developing and managing digital acquisition campaigns.
- Proven track record of driving results and innovation in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proven ability to report on and analyse campaign performance.
- Strong relationship management skills, including influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Solid understanding of American Express Card products, services and benefits and/or understanding of the financial services industry will be viewed favourably.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 12:25:14 AM