American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Cloud Platform
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the American Express Cloud team (eCP) you will work on Cloud Platform and Monitoring capabilities for the Hybrid Cloud platform using cutting edge technologies to enable thousands of developers build applications that define the future of our digital life. This role primarily focuses on hybrid cloud (such as Kubernetes/PaaS/Private Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud), and related technologies such as PaaS, IaaS, virtual networks, serverless computing, and microservices.
You will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Hybrid Cloud. You will be actively involved with the product offerings through all stages of the product life cycle managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. This position reports into Director of Product Management - Enterprise Cloud Platform.
At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Business Analysis
- Business Case Development
- Emerging Technologies
- Strategy Formulation
- Ownership of roadmap for the next generation and automation solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale. This includes managing the associated feature set including feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making.
- Define roadmaps and product capabilities/features, Customer experience (UI/UX) to meet Customer needs that drives Cloud adoption for Amex applications.
- As the subject matter expert, help American Express developer community and Cloud Engineering teams with product related questions and hands-on technical training.
- Collaborate with the technology vendors, cloud partners to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in private and public cloud environments
- Create product related awareness and marketing materials, and evangelize the products and product strategy
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and product teams on a day to day basis to define and implement roadmaps.
- Collaborate with partner teams (Information Security for example) to understand the requirements and integrate into the roadmaps/sprints/releases.
- Prepare and present executive level strategies, spotlights, and business cases of key capabilities.
- Establish feedback loop with customers to incorporate product enhancements to increase platform adoption.
- Be a promoter of the Cloud platform to the American Express community and put continuous measures to increase Customer Net Promoter Score
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably Cloud Computing (PaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Cloud Native applications, Cloud compute and storage.
- Experience building requirements for PaaS and IaaS, Hybrid/Private/Public Enterprise Cloud platforms.
- Distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Explain complex concepts in a way that enables the team to understand what they are doing and why.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong communicator with results-driven attitude
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery
- Competent in using data-driven processes/tools for decision making.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application Performance Management tools (Prometheus, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Monitoring (Splunk, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST, and Microservices (authorization/authentication/logging, casching, streaming based services
- Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc)
- Passionate about developer ecosystem and developer/SRE workflows
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 7:23:36 PM