American Express Careers
Business Analyst II
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Roles and responsibilities:
The position is with Global Supply Chain Management of American Express which reviews financial value of various sourcing initiatives generated through price negotiation, demand management, supplier consolidation, process improvement so on and so forth. The position would require very strong understanding of cost & financial management. Understanding of some of the key cost concepts used in decision making process for performing cost and benefit analysis of a projects, such as total cost of ownership/ life cycle costing, relevant costing, incremental cost analysis and marginal cost analysis would be required.
Purpose of the Role:
• The purpose of the role is to evaluate the value generated out of various enterprise wide sourcing deals.
• This would require strong collaborative & communication skills with various internal stakeholders.
Critical Factors to Success:
Relevant experience in project evaluation, cost and financial management would be preferred.
CA/CWA/MBA (Finance) from a reputed institute with minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience would be required.
• Relevant experience in project evaluation, cost & financial management would be required
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications especially MS-Excel and PowerPoint, required
Knowledge of Platforms
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 12:34:00 PM