American Express Careers
Merchant Sales Acquisition
This American Express Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) Acquisition Sales Executive position is responsible for achieving and exceeding their individual sales targets through establishing Card acceptance with key merchants, mainly -but not exclusively- within the Belgium and Luxembourg hospitality and retail industry.
Rapid growth will make it possible for thousands of Card Members to spend at hundreds of newly acquired locations.
This position is a direct sales role which comes with the following key responsibilities:
- You will report to the GMNS Market Head for Belgium and Luxembourg as part of the internal Merchant Acquisition team that is directly responsible for signing a large number of prospects identified as most critical to sign within the earlier mentioned industries.
- By understanding the industry, the competition, the client organization and the client’s needs, you are able to win new client business.
- Naturally you would need to possess/develop an in-depth understanding of the industries and potential new clients. We will provide you with the guidance and support which is needed to set you up for success!
- In order to be successful, you will need to ‘be in the field’ and liaise with numerous business owners, decision makers as well as influencers from the targeted industries. Build and expand your network, be the specialist in the field.
- You must demonstrate the ability to negotiate and influence decisions, make tangible for the business owners that American Express is bringing value to them and their customers. American Express is not just another payment product.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Outgoing personality.
- Be attracted to the Brand ‘American Express’.
- Putting the customers first and have the ability to demonstrate what value American Express can bring to them.
- Established sales experience (minimum of 2-3 years) with strong negotiation, objections handling and deal closure demonstrable track records, preferably within the Hospitality/Restaurant/Retail Industry.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Have a network and thorough know-how preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Fluent in Dutch and French; ability to adapt communication to business owners as well as senior level in Business group/association organization.
- Team player yet able to work independently.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, strong “will to win”.
- Understanding of payment and/or Loyalty industry is a plus.
- Eye for detail.
- Education and learning time:
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral).
- French - Experienced (written & oral).
- English - Experienced (written & oral).
- Skilled in preparing impactful PowerPoint decks and using Excel.
- MS Office - Experienced.
- Proprietary IT platforms.
- Job specific IT systems.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2019, 3:40:43 AM