American Express Careers
ETL and API Engineer
Why American Express?
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods and tools preferably Agile Scrum and SAFE Agile plus Agile Tools like Rally/JIRA
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- 6+ years of wide breath of engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing, and production support in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Experience with API development
- Experience with Web Services, Cloud Integration and Development
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools (e.g. Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Python, Spark, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and relational databases
- Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools
- Experience with Dev Ops, CI/CD and Automated testing tools such Sonarqube, Jenkins, JMeter, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and algorithm such as Regression, Clustering, Random Forest, Time Series Forecasting, etc.
- Experience in Ab-Initio, Apache Ni-Fi, SPARK Technologies
- GCS domain knowledge and work experience are a bonus.
- At the core of Software Engineering
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 14, 2019, 7:41:31 AM