American Express Careers
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• American Express Banking Corp. is an issuer of credit cards in India and during the course of its business, has to comply with various regulations issued by regulators like RBI, IRDA, FIU-IN, UIDAI, DoT etc. and is also subject to audit by them. Primary role of this function is to lead the identification, tracking and monitoring of regulatory developments and change management with precision and accuracy.
• The candidate will be an individual contributor possessing excellent process orientation, project management skills, excel and power point skills apart from excellent command over written and spoken English.
• Be process oriented to quickly identify applicable laws, put them through analysis and evaluation and timely dissemination with correct stakeholders for necessary action and consequent tracking.
• Effective liaison and leadership to lead regulatory response task force meetings with internal stakeholders. Ability to work with lawyers for quick interpretation and dissemination to internal stakeholders who are non-lawyers in a precise and simple to execute manner.
• Effective skills to work under pressure and know when to seek legal advice (and not give legal advice) and manage expectation of dissemination to internal stakeholders.
• Win trust and confidence of business clients and colleagues by demonstrating high quality precision and responsiveness, excellent drafting, presentations and articulate discussions followed by minutes of key outcomes.
• Represent the team, company with credibility, advance preparedness and persuasiveness in internal and external forums. Manage expenses to budget for allocated projects.
• Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with 7+ years post qualification quality work experience in a multinational environment (with stability, consistency and proven track record) in areas of project management, compliance, legal, operation excellence and control. Preference shall be given to candidates holding a post graduate management degree and/ or a degree in Law.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex matters clearly and concisely to non-specialists in a MNC environment. Possess executive presence and gravitas to lead regulatory meetings and drive outcomes.
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively in diverse multi/cross-cultural environment. Maintains serenity, resilience and clear thinking through stressful, confrontational and fast-changing situations.
• Ability to see connections and wider implications for Blue Box and individual line-of-business strategies and activities. Thinks quickly and decisively and/or wins time for appropriate analysis, rigor and reflection, as circumstances may require.
• Most importantly a positive attitude, growth mindset, will to win and a team player.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 7:11:29 AM