American Express Careers
Customer Identification Analyst
The Customer Care Professional – Customer Identification has a good understanding of the products and services for the specific area he/she works in.
He/she needs to be experienced in a usage of the customer databases and needs to have a global understanding of all product features and benefits.
He/She needs to have a broad understanding of the Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements for payment institutes.
He/She is responsible for:
- Verifying the correct identity of each customer (corporation, card member, merchant) in line with the regulation around Know Your Customer (KYC).
- Verify the information provided by customers for correctness, using external sources such as KBO, NBB, and Credit Catalyst.
- Identify, verify, correct discrepancies between data received from our customers and information found on legal sources (e.g. KBO, NBB, Credit Catalyst, etc ..)
- Updating our systems with the correct client identification information.
- Contacting customers to request missing identification information or to validate the information in our systems.
- Handling in a customer friendly way all questions from customers by phone or e-mail with regards to information requests we have sent them.
- Handling administrative tasks with regards to the clients’ files that need to be handled.
- Maintaining good relationships with colleagues from other teams such as sales and other customer service departments.
- Understanding and following instructions, information and procedures required in order to perform the job.
- Explaining details of the job to new hires to support training and on boarding process of new colleagues.
- Perform quality review of work of peers.
- Respecting confidentiality with regards to all customers’ data.
- Performing ad hoc tasks : Work with other departments (e.g. Account Management, Customer Service Worldline, Compliance, etc …); Account cancellation, block certain of the customer’s products , form classification and archiving, handle incoming e-mails and post, etc …
- Transfer not-KYC related questions / requests from clients to the appropriate department.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Few or no precedent product knowledge is required, the function can be executed with a minimum level of experience and education and is done instructed and supervised by a manager.
- Understand and correctly interpret known data within defined procedures.
- Execute the tasks is a systematic way within a clear task description, with supervision of a team leader.
- Transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way.
- Answer correctly and in a structured way the most common questions from customers according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents.
- Treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way.
- Understand and organize daily priorities independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with both customers and colleagues.
- Education and learning time:
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secondary degree (or equivalent experience) with at 3 to 6 months learning time.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral)
- French - Experienced (written & oral)
- English - Experienced (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2019, 1:59:08 AM