American Express Careers
Director, Process Automation
- Build and providing leadership for a high-performance team of software engineers
- Develop and own an enterprise software platform
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Creating a strong technical foundation; able to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies to American Express.
- Challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
- Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups)
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint application development, etc.
- Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 10 years or more of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of Engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide Visa sponsorship for certain positions. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide Visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 11:37:01 AM