American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
- Guide engineering teams through full software development lifecycle from concept to launch, including estimation, dependency management, timeline creation and release management
- Develop and manage end-to-end release plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Run team and project meetings, including setting agendas, tracking action items, and documenting key decisions
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and all stakeholders.
- Focus on execution and shepherding projects to completion while maintaining accountability and quality
- Actively work to make your teams more productive and effective by implementing and iterating on processes
- Create and manage risk and change management processes on projects.
- Build relationships with teams and individuals of varying levels across the company
- Ability to go deep into the details as well as step back and maintain a high-level view of all projects
- Interface with Engineering, Product and other business teams to align on product roadmaps and goals to drive the company’s mission forward.
- Ability and desire to thrive in an highly matrixes and fast moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a team in a servant leadership manner
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Adept at relationship building and driving consensus and collaboration within and across teams
- Strong organizational experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban, and the ability to find the right process and tools for the situation on a case-by-case basis
- Strong understanding of Scaled Agile processes
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years experience managing complex, high-value, cross-functional projects
- Experience with project and task management software like Jira
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 6:35:28 PM