American Express Careers
Application Software Engineer
Accertify/InAuth is looking for a software developer with exceptional diagnostic and client service skills. The individual we seek will be an essential contributor to our company’s success, supporting our needs beyond the Software Development Lifecycle. You will work closely with our developers, testers, and client service professionals in a fun and open atmosphere developing cutting-edge web, mobile, and big data products. Candidates must have at least three years of experience in application development, preferably deployed to highly scalable environments. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a challenge and can take ownership of a project. This position requires close relations with clients and colleagues from all over the world.
- Lead an effective, secure, and efficient implementation of InAuth technologies for all clients:
- Perform implementation and integration technical tasks
- Develop and present technical reports on technologies and capabilities, advantages, and effectiveness based on implementation
- Coordinate work across teams and organizations to deliver working, scalable solutions on tight schedules, leveraging Agile methodologies
- Consulting with customers to analyze and prioritize requirements
- Customize InAuth best practices on deployment to customer’s environment
- Collaborate with customers to develop custom solutions to meet customers’ requirements
- Design and position our technologies and capabilities to address those prioritized requirements
- Become our clients’ trusted technical advisor
- Lead troubleshooting efforts on customer’s environment
- Monitor Customer Support cases and cover teammates’ responsibilities when resources are constrained
- Assist clients in identifying other business process opportunities in which our platform could provide a solution
- Interface with core engineering, marketing, and sales in design, testing, and launch of new products or existing product enhancements
- Serves as a solutions resource to pre-sales engineers and assists with the training and development of the pre-sales engineering team
- Implementation of Proof of Concepts in a Pre-sales environment
- Maintain and enhance existing professional services solutions such as architectural demos and troubleshooting tools
- Full-time position
- Great medical insurance
- Paid vacation
- Limited travel
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting and/or debugging mobile applications written in Objective-C for iOS, and/or in Java for Android.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building web service API’s or UI’s
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in highly scalable, high availability environments supporting high transaction volumes. An understanding of the technical challenges and requirements of such environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with at least 2 of the following application servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, or JBoss
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with at least 2 of the following relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Familiarity with noSQL databases.
- Experience meeting with customers face to face and explain complex technical concepts.
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Passion for software engineering, mobile security, and writing clean, maintainable code.
- Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle hard problems with little technical direction or oversight
- Be comfortable working in a fast-changing environment and under tight deadlines.
- We want your ideas - be able to think outside of the box!
- Be able to take ownership and responsibility for your tasks
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2019, 10:02:15 AM