American Express Careers
Sr. Manager: Financial Service Cobrand & Distribution Partnerships Acquisition and Marketing
This position on the Partnerships Marketing Team within U.S. Consumer Marketing is an exciting opportunity to own the marketing and acquisition strategy and execution as well as the partner relationship for our premium Financial Services (FSI) Cobrands (Morgan-Stanley, Charles Schwab, Goldman Sachs, and Ameriprise) and our Distribution Partnerships with companies such as Universal Studios and Amazon Media. The person in this role will have a great deal of autonomy as they lead a team of 2 to manage and grow these portfolios.
Our FSI Cobrands provide AXP with unique partner channels through which we are able to market, in coordination with our Cobrand counterparts, to a premium pool of prospects. Acquisition activities are targeted to the partner’s clients and are primarily in digital and person-to-person channels. There are several cards within the Cobrand portfolio, however the Platinum Card members we acquire via these partnerships account for a meaningful percentage of total annual Platinum New Accounts Acquired (NAA) within the Consumer organization. In addition, across all FSI products we see robust spend, making FSI partnerships an important contributor to annual Billed Business Acquired (BBA) goals.
Our Distribution Partnerships focus on marketing proprietary Cards within contextually-relevant partner placements, both digital and non-digital. A significant portion of our digital volume relies heavily on ecommerce placements and is driven through our Checkout+ capability, which enables us to market to prospects within merchants’ checkout experiences. This is a unique digital channel that requires active management to drive top results. Alternatively, a good example of non-digital placements are the acquisition experiences we have in place at Universal Studios parks in Orlando, FL and Hollywood, CA.
In this role, you will oversee continued development of marketing strategy and partner relationships, leveraging internal and external best practices to drive optimal outcomes. In addition to owning these external partnerships in the pursuit of your goals, you will also work closely with internal cross-functional partners in Product Management, EDA, Capabilities, Risk, Servicing, Compliance, Legal, and others.
The Sr. Manager in this position will lead and manage two Senior Analysts, with whom you will be responsible for driving new card acquisitions and billed business and customer treatments through partner-owned channels.
- Setting the strategic vision for FSI Co-brand acquisition and loyalty marketing, developing programs to acquire and deepen engagement with Card Members. Translate customer research, design targets, and portfolio metrics from Product Management into a strong point of view on growing these portfolios via both acquiring new accounts and increasing share of wallet on existing accounts. The strategy should be backed up with data & insights, grounded in our current capabilities, but with an eye for future capabilities and opportunities.
- Setting acquisition strategy for Distribution Partnerships focusing on channel optimization, product mix optimization, and robust test and learn plans.
- Advocating for the FSIs and Distribution Partners, as appropriate, and deepening strategies to include FSI products within AXP proprietary marketing – across both prospect and customer marketing channels, while serving as subject matter expert and partner relationship manager for the broader US Consumer Marketing organization for the FSIs.
- Working closely with the Product Management, Consumer Marketing and external Partner counterparts to drive seamless management of the partner relationship and marketing activities. Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk and Marketing Services to ensure all initiatives are appropriately vetted and seamlessly executed.
- Optimizing performance in new and existing channels while maintaining focus on costs and efficiency.
- Leading and developing two direct reports.
- Self-starter, with the ability to pick up a project or idea and run with it
- Proven track record of driving results, and strong mix of creativity and strategic thinking
- Partnership management experience, ideally with demonstrated ability to optimize existing partnerships via influence, creativity and determination
- Analytical skills to evaluate program performance and identify where we should invest resources to improve results
- Project management and organizational skills including attention to detail, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines, while executing flawlessly
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships to influence internal and external partners
- Draw energy and motivation from the opportunity to deliver results – committed and able to rise to a challenge
- Thoughtful and enthusiastic about challenging the status quo
- Excellent oral and written communication
- People leadership experience preferred
- Digital marketing experience a plus
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2019, 4:26:49 PM