American Express Careers
Senior Business Development Manager
- Align with the corporate new business partnership strategy to evaluate and identify the new issuing prospects
- Develop and maintain solid relationship with multi-level contacts in new issuing prospects
- Manage internal stakeholders to work out the on-boarding process for new issuing prospects and optimize it if necessary
- Analyze deal profitability, work out deal proposal and lead the deal negotiation
- Sign targeted new issuing prospects successfully
- On-going tracking on market intelligence
- Teamwork with internal teams across different functions to deliver and maximize AMEX value to prospects
- Communication. First class oral and written communication skills, in particular the ability to analyze & explain complex business matters clearly and concisely to external counterpart and internal stakeholders.
- Negotiation. Good at leveraging the resources to facilitate the negotiation, analyzing the deal situation, driving efficient discussions with external counterpart or internal stakeholders, coming up with an organic deal proposal, knowing when to hold back or push forward or compromise and eventually getting the deal done.
- Professional poise. Maintains grace under pressure and demonstrates the ability to impart discipline and calm to stressful situations. Holds their own in live discussions where differing views are expressed.
- Can-do attitude and think-out-of-box mindset. Optimistic to the challenges and difficulties with passion and confidence. Actively probe different approach to find a solution with can-do attitude. Strategic and creative thinking is needed to pave a way to the success.
- A self-starter who takes ownership. Takes the initiative to learn and work independently rather than passively. Do what needs to be done and what is right. Knows when and how to escalate to a direct leader.
- Build effective relationships and credibility throughout the company.
- Manage workload by prioritization and personal organization.
- Hard skills: fluent English and Chinese language skills, both spoken and written are essential. Good at office software and presentation.
- Working experience in project management, business development, sales and banking/payment industry is preferred.
- Bachelor degree or above.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2019, 9:06:35 PM