American Express Careers
Software Engineer - Value Generation
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day.
Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an enterprise agile team driving the latest development practices
- Developing new customer journeys in a React-based web application used by over 6,000 Customer Care Professionals
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between various back-end systems of record
- Writing automated unit test cases and conducting code reviews with members of the team
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced analytics and data-driven decision making
Are you up for the challenge?
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
- Proficiency with Java is required, experience with microservices and REST API development is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and implement solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile practices and experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Modern development best practices including Git
- Results-oriented and user-experience focused
- Analytical and data driven
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2019, 3:14:31 PM