American Express Careers
Senior Manager Talent Strategy
- Reimagining solution delivery with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
- Developing and executing thoughtful talent strategies that drive sourcing, hiring, developing and retaining great talent.
- Drive organizational change and effectiveness initiatives that link people and technology to inspired outcomes.
- Develop the evolving approach and end-to-end execution plan for people related initiatives, including:
- Developing and facilitating organizational design and ongoing organizational effectiveness workshops.
- Defining the approach to assessing existing talent, conducting talent assessments and formulating talent recommendations for leadership.
- Working with senior leaders to understand talent needs, and building job profiles that will feed a broader recruiting strategy & pipeline.
- Working with senior leaders to understand employee upskilling needs and making recommendations that will fuel a broader training strategy.
- Define and implement an employee retention and mobility approach and plan for top Enterprise Platforms product & engineering talent.
- Create organizational transition change management and communication plans and manage execution of those plans.
- Collaborate effectively with partners such as Platform teams, HR, Tech, Communications and Finance by building key relationships to identify and manage dependencies.
- Challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively, and develop informed recommendations by using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, scenario modeling, business case development, workshop facilitation, process mapping.
- Manage outcomes by managing the details – sequencing and preparing for meetings and events thoughtfully to drive outcomes efficiently.
- Be a motivated, high-performing change agent.
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities.
- You have deep organizational effectiveness and/or change management background developed in previous roles in organizational design, organizational development, management consulting (in a People practice discipline), people strategy, and/or HR.
- You have a robust toolbox with a variety of methods to develop and execute strategy and change initiatives.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to understand your audience and build presentations to structure your message and effectively inform and persuade.
- You know how to get the best from large, cross-functional teams.
- You are resourceful, and thrive in ambiguous situations where you’re challenged to think in structured ways in order to get at what’s meaningful.
- You know that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with collaborative leadership, empathy, and deep focus on the details.
- You have our customers’ and your colleagues’ back – and an enterprise mindset in everything you do.
- Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or equivalent; previous management consulting experience preferred.
- American Express is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 1:45:03 PM