The Sr. Engineer I (Site Reliability Engineer) role is a hands-on Senior Architect Level position supporting American Express' CTO Service Reliability Engineering team. The ideal candidate must have experience in full stack engineering.
CTO Site Reliability engineering portfolio consists of several mission critical applications for americanexpress.com such as Manage your card account, Digital Acquisition, Membership Rewards, Amex.com Mobile applications etc.. Mobile and Web engineering enterprise applications are highly available applications in an extremely high throughput transactional system with strict performance requirements. The Site Reliability Engineering team works with various Product teams, Staff Architects, Engineering Leaders and Engineering Teams across Mobile and Web engineering platforms. Primary focus of the Site Reliability Engineering team is to conceptualize, design, develop and implement frameworks/common components for enterprise that will ensure high application reliability, scalability, availability and performance engineering of the Mobile and Web application. Site reliability team is embarking on a transformation journey to implement “Robotics first” approach in Service Delivery and Site Reliability Engineering.
· Conceptualize and implement Artificial Intelligence driven Site Reliability Engineering Framework/Components to improve predictive monitoring and driving SRE team’s journey towards “Robotics First” approach.
· Drive end to end Performance Engineering, Capacity Management, A/B testing, Chaos Testing to maintain and improve application performance in all phases of SDLC.
· Research latest technology, concepts, conceptualize solution and develop proof of concept that will improve resiliency and performance of the production infrastructure. Design and implement innovative solution/framework that will improve software engineering velocity, infrastructure resiliency and security, and data availability.
· Develop common framework components (to be leveraged by enterprise applications), define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability and performance engineering.
· Work with operations team to resolve major incidents.
· Continuously improve automated remediation tasks to ensure the highest levels of availability.
· A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 10 + years of Technical hands-on experience with systems analysis, incorporating: Design Methodology, Production Support and Engineering, Enterprise level technologies including, but not limited to OpenShift, WebSphere Administration, JEE (JSP, Servlets, XML, Java), and internet-related technologies to deliver complex Internet facing solutions.
· Broad Technical field exposure, with preference to following skills: Cloud Infrastructure, VM, load balancing, containers, Kubernetes, JVM’s, web servers, application debugging, queing technologies, Caching technologies, databases, routing and switching, etc.
· Experience in designing mission critical highly available enterprise applications.
· Hands on experience in designing and implementing- Predictive Monitoring Framework using Artificial Intelligence, Chaos testing Framework design, A/B testing framework design and implementation.
· Hand on experience with performance testing framework design, tuning Java and C applications.
· Experience managing relational and nosql databases such as Oracle RAC, Cassandra & Redis.
· Strong knowledge of Linux internals and experience managing Linux systems in high traffic environments.
· Fluent in at least one of the following programing languages Java, Python, Go,
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a diverse team-focused environment.
· Experience with Splunk and/or ELK.
· Familiarity with financial services and authorizations systems.
· Understanding of using Agile Practices in Operations teams
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as th company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019, 4:11:07 PM