American Express Careers
Executive Administrative Assistant I
Executive Administrative Assistant - Global Merchant Pricing (GMP)
The Global Merchant Pricing (GMP) team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue; Merchant Discount Revenue. The team leverages Merchant Pricing to promote acceptance and grow coverage, to increase merchant satisfaction, and to drive Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) revenue and profit growth.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Senior Vice President, Global Merchant Pricing (GMP) and is responsible for providing office management and administrative support to the Senior Vice President, GMP and Vice President, Infrastructure & Insights. The role also interfaces closely with senior leaders across the American Express organization.
The Executive Assistant should be an independent thinker, driven, reliable, and highly organized individual who can work closely with senior leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Arrange, confirm and proactively manage detailed calendars; handling all aspects of complex senior-level meetings and related logistics
- Place, receive and manage high volume of phone calls and e-mails
- Schedule and coordinate high volume of complex international and domestic travel including flights, hotel, and ground transportation; coordinate necessary passport/visa documentation
- Perform general tasks including, but not limited to, preparing correspondence, file organization, research requested information, archiving, preparing pre-meeting materials for review
- Prepare travel and expense reports on a timely basis
- Exercise discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Develop and execute employee communications, including but not limited to, preparation of Town Halls, executive memorandums, and conference calls
- Other related projects and duties as requested
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with excellent anticipation and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, act independently, and be resourceful
- Excellent communicator and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Demonstrated personal excellence and strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win
- Skilled in the use and applications of AXP systems and processes preferred
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 10:36:31 AM