American Express Careers
Sr Mgr-Network Prod Dev & Mgmt
This is an opportunity to join the American Express Global Network Operations (GNO) Team. GNO is responsible for running the company’s core transaction processing platforms, defining the rules and regulations for how partners of our network will interoperate with each other, and creating Network Products and Capabilities that will help unlock commerce for the Blue Box. Today, the global breadth of this team enables it to serve issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets, authorizing and settling nearly $1T of charge volume annually.
You will be an integral part of the Network Products and Capabilities Team, and as a Sr. Manager of the team you will be responsible for leading the strategy, development and management of our core payment products and the next generation of payments. You will focus on advancing our digital capabilities to offer enhanced and new payment solutions for implementation by American Express Network Issuers and Acquirers to drive billings and overall security keeping pace with the rapid growth and transformation in the payments industry.
As a Product owner and leader for American Express you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of payments at American Express and in the industry through participation industry forums. You will lead competitive research, create and align the vision and develop the roadmap to bring the vision to light. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders in technologies, certification, policy and other groups across American Express and externally with key vendor partners to deliver the plan.
- Product Development and Management for one or more Network Products
- Create and maintain roadmaps to deliver the product strategy
- Deliver action plans to achieve short and long term goals
- Manage product inquiries and issue resolution
- Vendor engagement and management
- Provide guidance and expertise to influence the evolution of industry thinking
- Understand the competitive position
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop the go to market strategy including not limited to Policy, Certification, Marketing, Sales, and Servicing
- Lead scoping, planning and execution of the product pilots.
- Define KPIs, reporting and tracking
- Lead creation of training documentation
- Develop communication strategy to drive awareness
- Lead alignment and execution of replacement and sunset strategies
- Experience leading Product development and management E2E
- Expertise in EMV Payments; Payment security; digital payments
- Experience defining and executing roadmaps and creating go to market strategies
- Excellent collaboration skills building partnerships across key stakeholder teams
- Process minded; ability to create and maintain processes
- Self-starter who is highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and adaptable
- Thrives in a demanding, fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong professional presence and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a global team across time zones
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 12:28:15 PM