American Express Careers
Senior Analyst - Data Strategy & Insights
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. This a newly created position in Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, and will be charged with incubating, nurturing and scaling the Sales & Implementation of AP Automation products.
The Analyst position within the DS&I organization offers the opportunity to act with a start-up mindset in a completely new environment. This position reports to the newly created role of Sr. Manager of DS&I AP Automation and will collaborate by working across GCS Product, Marketing, Technology & Sales.
The incumbent will immediately be charged with process mapping POD (Point of Departure), PON (Point of Next), and POA (Point of Arrival).
- Be the single point of contact across GCS Sales + AD, Product & Marketing to develop performance reporting requirements.
- Having a deep analytical mind but entrepreneurial attitude comfortable with fast failure and the ability to pivot quickly to new approaches to finding solutions.
- Understand and communicate insightful deep dive analyses to measure performance and support decision making at all levels.
- Build strong relationships with Product, Marketing and SME Acquisition & Early Tenure teams while partnering with other major stakeholders to understand business objectives and challenges in order to become a trusted thought partner.
- Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to navigate new territory and quickly respond to change.
- Focus on technical execution, we need data to understand the narrowing pipe from prospect to sale to implementation to steady state.
- Provide actionable insights by Identifying and analyzing key performance indicators.
- Naturally curious with the ability to maintain a sense of humor in high stress situations.
- Working knowledge of Cornerstone Platform, SFDC and related technologies.
- Superior ability to transform complex data into business action
- Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement leveraging data while building and maintaining relationships.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes.
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic with will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence.
- Engineering or STEM degree is a plus but not an absolute requirement.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 2:57:51 PM