American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Python Machine Learning
- Hands-on technical projects; Apply analysis based on research and introspection to recommend solutions.
- Design and lead solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio.
- Ensure architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that implementations are aligned with the Technical Platform’s Blueprint specifications.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Contribute to technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Frequently collaborate with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and demonstrate solutions.
- Focused effort on delivering enterprise-grade APIs to expose Technical Platform capabilities.
- Apply specialized knowledge of industry standards or practices to assigned initiatives.
- Identify complex and or broad problems and issues and formulate recommendations.
- Interact with business partners to better understand their objectives and help them understand the technical landscape.
- Extend business product innovation through the introduction, adoption and implementation of technology.
- 6+ years of active engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience.
- Successful design, creation and deployment of one or more enterprise-grade technology assets, including integration of cross-platform solutions in an Agile product environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Expertise and proven hands on working experiencing in the Python scripting language, at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Solid knowledge with Python libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, NLTK.
- 2+ years’ experience with leading teams of Python engineers
- Ability to collaborate with designers to convert prototype into working applications that adhere to the design vision
- Deep understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Experience in batch, streaming and real-time platforms.
- Experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages, open source tools and products and financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
- Shown experience in Big Data and Machine Learning technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, pySpark, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce as plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 10, 2019, 3:59:51 PM