American Express Careers
Sr Manager - Product Development
Sr Manager, Product Development – Amex for Developers, American Express Digital Labs
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends. Amex for Developers (https://developer.americanexpress.com) drives innovation by opening up Amex APIs and SDKs to the public. We enable engineers to build valuable experiences powered by products from across our enterprise.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Product Manager to manage Amex for Developers. The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog. The Manager will represent the product with internal and external audiences, acting as the main point of contact with any partner product teams. Product Managers at American Express play a central role identifying customer needs, building unique experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch digital products.
- Define new product features, scope, and functions
- Partner with engineering and design to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
- Coordinate across teams to launch products and features, managing in-market products post-launch
- Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
- Lead product relationship with internal partners and our developer community.
- Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends and marketplace dynamics to inform continuous product evolution
We are seeking a Product Manager with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams. The Manager's main focus will be to experiment, test, and launch new digital products at American Express. The Product Manager will deftly collaborate with external customers and internal teams, partnering with engineers to deliver product enhancements and grow adoption.
Key qualifications are:
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with engineers as customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
· Passion for an excellent developer experience, with insight for the way developers work and collaborate
· Knowledge of what APIs are and how to develop an enterprise strategy around enabling product development through APIs.
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Preferred, but not required, experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Preferred, but not required, experience in software engineering
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2019, 2:49:04 PM