American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Oracle
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world.
If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
- Serving as a core member of an Agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications.
- Responsible for the applications architecture / technical design & build, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary.
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing in the domain of Oracle Package applications like OFSAA , Oracle EBiz.
- Production implementation of Oracle package products like OFSAA , Oracle EBiz.
- Identifying exciting technology modernization opportunities for adopting new open source based technology tools & products to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges, working with API specs and automation.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Strong contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence project implementations.
- Proven experience in working directly with business customers.
- Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and Business processes.
- Data profiling experience.
- Defining and implementing data integration architecture.
- Proven problem-solving / problem-resolution abilities.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 8+ years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design, development and maintenance with successful implementation of large Enterprise BI solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Should have good work technical knowledge and experience in Finance modules or any other Oracle Application.
- Highly proficient in SQL and PL/SQL ; Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements ; Strong PL/SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning.
- Strong UNIX shell scripting skills.
- Should have at least more than 2 or more years of Technical implementation experience in Oracle Applications.
- Work experience in developing & maintaining RICE components is mandatory. Should have profound knowledge in OAF / ADF framework.
- Knowledge on Oracle OFSAA platform or any OFSAA module will be most preferred.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing design concepts/skills is preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling (relational, dimensional data modeling).
- Provide technical recommendations to improve efficiency of Data Management /ETL process.
- Strong Oracle dB query optimization & performance tuning skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments.
- Create proactive alerts/notifications to identify when data load anomalies occur.
- Create/ maintain database objects such as tables, views, indexes, constraints, and SQL code, and stored procedures and shell scripts.
- Knowledgebase with Java/J2EE, and Spring and building RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Ensure data quality and integrity within each data set and support linkage to other appropriate data sets in consistent manner. This includes testing and validating any new database design against previous data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
Highly collaborative, self-starter, technical contributor, outstanding communication practices.
Data analysis experience is a big plus.
Experience using ETL such as Talend , Informatica.
- Support on-loading/off-loading data to/from Hadoop environment.
- Working experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MAPR (plus), NoSQL).
- Knowledgeable and experienced with in-memory computation and data virtualization tools & techniques .
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex OS, database, file system, network configuration, and application & web server issues.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and Financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2019, 10:20:14 AM