American Express Careers
- Building the next generation tooling.
- Adopt emerging standards while promoting standard methodologies in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Know what it takes to launch products regularly.
- Own your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and be ready to make our products better for our users.
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer.
- Core skill sets ideally include, but are also not limited to:
- Java 8+
- Junit 4/5 or Spock
- Semantic versioning and conventional commits
- Reactive manifesto
- Dropwizard metrics
- Technical fluency - an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your insights
- Experience with modern testing frameworks like Jest. Also, a strong focus on writing tests for your own code.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 2:31:45 PM