American Express Careers
Scrum Master – Digital Workplace
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Use your knowledge of, and personal experience with, agile practices to help shape and optimze value providing structures that support our transformation to an organization focused on end-to-end colleague journeys.
- Create and run processes and procedures that facilitate joined-up thinking and commitments so that product teams can work together seamlessly and add the most value.
- Measure your success by how fast and frictionless it is for the team of teams to define, deliver, measure, review and take appropriate action to maximize the journey’s value.
- Be uncomfortably open in all you do, breaking down siloed working through action and demonstration, as well as process.
- Be a mentor, coach and guide to ensure product teams have all the support they need to be successful with this shift in mindset to thinking across multiple products, platforms, and functional owners.
- Influence the work at hand by facilitating discussions and decision-making with journey team members on the best coordinated solution deliveries to strategic problems and coordinate a joined-up roadmap that that truly improve the colleague experience and deliver the greatest value for the work being done.
- Not afraid to get it wrong. Have a love of learning and experimenting to continuously improve, making process and procedure improvements to streamline and optimize how we work together.
- Partner with product teams to remove any impediments they can’t remove themselves that prevent them being able to prioritize this work in their backlogs.
- Provide the necessary insights, and facilitate discussions, that enables product directors and owners to identify the difficult but crucial decisions surrounding the work we should not pursue so that we remain focused on the greatest value-add improvements that make the biggest difference to our colleagues.
- Be metric-driven. Quantifying the value of a change to a colleague journey, tracking improvement over time, and partnering with diverse product owners to adjust plans if necessary.
- Unrivalled passion to create the world’s best colleague digital experience
- The ability to deliver insights about multiple products and their roadmaps in a way that generates a commitment to deliver on shared outcomes from the product teams.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills without dictating a solution or direction.
- A proven track record of building high levels of trust and creditability across an organization that allows you to influence without authority and develop followership.
- Ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including
- senior leadership
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Experience building, servant-leading and nurturing a “team of teams” that work together to offer a cohesive suite of products
- Launched large-scale product offerings in a complex, enterprise environment
- Shown how your exceptional collaboration with other departments has enabled superior products to be efficiently planned, deployed and maximized
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
- Furthered your knowledge of Product management through certification (Pragmatic Marketing, AIPMM, etc)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2019, 1:04:20 PM