American Express Careers
Manager - Enterprise Functions Operational Excellence
- Support Enterprise Functions execution of the Company’s operational risk framework, ensuring consistency and compliance with the requirements of the Enterprise-wide Operational Risk Policy and related guidance.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of the PRSA Framework and policies/guidance issued by the SME’s for the 10 risk Pillars. SOX Compliance Group, Spreadsheets Program Office, Basel Governance Group, and Global Compliance & Ethics, where applicable
- Provides training on the PRSA Framework and tools to their business partners. Oversees and manages meetings with BU senior management
- Serves as the liaison between the PRSA Office and the Business Unit including addressing process related inquiries and requests. Attends monthly OE touch base meetings
- Provide advice to ensure effective and efficient entity and process risk management and issue resolution is implemented in Enterprise Functions.
- Ensure that decisions to implement or launch new business practices, products or services are considered carefully, in light of the risks associated and in accordance with the company’s New Product Approval policy and related guidance.
- Early engagement with business partners for change management, process migrations and projects to ensure all risks and mitigating controls are documented as a result of any change to the process.
- Consult and collaborate with business on the effectiveness of business area risk management programs through appropriate cultural leadership and by ensuring the robustness of processes and controls.
- Ensure governance by monitoring Control Testing & Assertion and periodic Certification.
- Lead process risk assessment and end to end process management for all the processes in the relationship area which covers creation of new processes and carrying out refresh of the existing ones.
- Govern Risk Assessment Questionnaire refresh in accordance with ORGG guidelines and strengthening operational risk compliance, governance and control.
- Ensures oversight and monitoring requests are completed effectively and timely (e.g. Back-testing, QA, PRSA and RAQ reviews)
- Partner with business units in response to audit queries raised during the course of Internal and External Audits to ensure timely completion of audit process.
- Issue management - Understand the root cause for the issue and advise the business on the appropriate action plan to mitigate the issue at hand and prevent reoccurrence of a similar issue in the future. Support the business as they document any enhancements to their process as a result of the issue.
- Support the OE relationship lead and business partners through Change Management Governance.
- 7 plus years of experience in Finance/Accounting, Program/Project Management, Auditing or Business/Operations functions within the Banking or financial services industries.
- MBA/CA/CPA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Ability to clearly communicate operational risk requirements and work proactively with business partners to meet all deadlines as required.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, particularly in the development of professional and insightful messaging across levels of management.
- Must have the ability to influence outcomes and build strong relationships.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 11:05:30 AM