American Express Careers
Account Sales Representative
Anyone can offer a card.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
American Express Global Commercial Services provides a range of Payments Solutions and other expense management tools to companies of all sizes.
Every member of our executive sales team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
This is a phone based role, driving customer engagement and growth across existing Dutch SME customers using strong sales and relationship management skills. Our customers are Small Business Owners with an entrepreneurial spirit through to larger SME companies and you will be helping them get more business done.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated, fun and experienced Account Sales team within American Express. The SME segment is a growth engine of American Express GCS and as such this is a critical part of our strategic vision for a client backing experience for SME customers.
- Build relationships with a diverse group of existing business customers to help them achieve the goals of their programme and drive profitable growth
- Proactively manage an effective engagement plan, identify and prioritise opportunities that support the customers goal achievement
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment, to influence, collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Ensures premium value is delivered from day one that aligns with clients goals, delivers a positive customer experience and achieves customer advocacy
- Understands client’s opportunities, threats and risks to maintain and grow relationship
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Results driven
- Customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade
- Team player
- Knowledge of corporate card/payment solutions
- Direct business-to-business sales / account management experience
- University/College graduate or equivalent combination of education and business experience
- Demonstrates tenacity and adaptability to navigate complexity and roadblocks
- Manages time and priorities
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2019, 7:20:03 AM